Friday, October 24, 2003

If I walked up to you, randomly, on the street, and started poking you in the forehead rhythmically, what would you think of me? Would you find such behavior acceptable or unacceptable? I'm not talking here about digging my fingernail into your flesh, or anything potentially harmful to you, just pressing my fingertip firmly against your forehead, repeatedly, with no explanation. Would you allow this? Wouldn't it seem like an invasion of your right to be left alone in peace? A violation of the "golden rule" to do unto others as you would have others do unto you? Would you glare at me and swat my finger away indignantly? You would surely feel like doing so, and you would have every right to do it. My actions would be an invasion of your "space" and an unbidden -- and purposeless -- disruption of your existence.

Turn down your subwoofer when you drive by my house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home