Sunday, November 12, 2006

For almost my whole life, I've been perplexed by the instability in the Middle East, which clearly has something to do with Israel. As my religious upbringing was in mainstream, evangelical American Christianity, I believed this was somehow related to the end times (Israeli statehood in 1948 inaugurating some kind of special time period foretold in the Bible) but it was never clear to me what was going on exactly as violence and hatred seemed to broil along every day for decades. I more or less ignored the entire mess. Lately I've been taking a look from the perspective of those who dare to criticize Israel, and it is all making sense now. Put away myths and inherited opinions and look at reality for yourself. I recommend starting here. Pay special attention to the material near the end relating to "anti-Semitism". I'll have more to say about that (and related concepts) later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home